£30,000-45,000 per annum Darlington Permanent
This role would suit an engineer that has experience of working within the civil engineering industry and is able to work autonomously. You will be supported by the Regional Director in Darlington and further by our well established and experienced civil engineering teams in Bristol and Exeter.
As a key member of the team you will work on infrastructure, highways and drainage design, scheme development, preliminary and detailed design.
Duties will include:
- Producing and checking reports, designs, drawings and specifications in accordance with the client brief and programme
- Preparing and assisting with orders/planning applications, negotiations and approval processes
- Work closely with technicians across Clarkebond offices to ensure checking of drawings and contract documents are produced to a high quality standard and in line with programme, brief and cost constraints
- Attending client meetings as required, answering technical queries
- Attending site visits/inspections as required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant Civil Engineering degree OR ONC or HNC qualification (such as Civil Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment) OR suitable experience or similar
- Knowledge of Civils 3d, WIINDES and AutoCAD
- Experience of drainage design, highway horizontal and vertical alignment design, highway materials and specification, ground conditions, earthworks and specification
- Knowledge in gaining consents, planning application and approvals processes (S278, S38, S104, etc)
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory / statutory authorities to deliver detailed designs.