Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer
£40,000+ Dependent on experience Bristol Permanent
We are now seeking a competent and enthusiastic Principal or Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Bristol team.
You will be involved in a broad variety of geotechnical and Geo Environmental projects, as well as working on larger projects with other disciplines within Clarkebond.
As the senior member of the team in the Bristol office, you will be the focal point for other teams and external enquiries. You will be working closely with the Ground Engineering Director, while also advising and managing more junior engineers across the Clarkebond offices.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Scoping and tendering for work
- Supervising intrusive site investigations
- Data management
- Reviewing Phase 1 and II reports
- Geotechnical design of foundations
- Retaining walls
- Temporary works and earthworks
- Contamination assessments and compiling remediation strategies
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BSc in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or an equivalent subject
- Experience as a geotechnical engineer
- Chartered or working towards chartered status
- Ability to confidently plan and execute site investigations
- Good knowledge of intrusive investigation techniques and the limitations associated with each site activity
- Competent at logging soil and rock to BS5930 and EC7
- Understanding of CDM health and safety requirements in site investigation
- Ability to undertake the financial control of projects and client liaison, independently managing projects to ensure delivery on time and to budget
This role requires site visits and design team meetings, therefore a driving license is preferable and willingness to travel is essential.