£30,000-45,000 per annum Darlington Permanent
You will work closely with the Regional Director to support a range of projects including residential, commercial and industrial. This would suit an engineer who is working towards chartership, who would like to expand their portfolio and take on greater responsibility.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting projects of varying value including those of high profile, throughout the UK, and work closely with other disciplines. You will be involved in all aspects from early stages of pre-planning through to post construction, and also attend design team meetings and site visits.
Duties will include:
- Producing engineering designs in accordance with the client brief and programme and agreeing the conceptual design principles
- Undertaking site inspections/visits where necessary.
- Attending client meetings to ensure project delivery as well as maintain and develop client relationships
- Assisting with controlling costs and work programmes to achieve targeted profitability
- Producing fee proposals for smaller projects, where required
- Promoting the development and motivation of staff within the team, providing coaching and guidance to more junior members of the team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) qualification
- Membership of relevant professional body (IStructE or ICE). You may be working towards chartership status or already chartered.
- Significant experience of building structures, in particular steel frame buildings and concrete foundations and technical competence in structural engineering and assessment.
- Competent using industry standard 2d and 3d structural design software
- Good commercial awareness, and proven experience of delivering within time and cost constraints.
- Understanding of contracts, bids and tenders and fee proposals
- Understanding of change control
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines
- Ability to mentor and support graduate engineers and junior technicians.